heard it from a friend who
heard it from a friend
You been mess- No wait.
I mean I heard about this challenge to read 52 books in a year, the A~Z Challenge. You choose one book title for each letter of the alphabet and one author for each letter of the alphabet. (No doubling up.) Click here for the official site, or just play along at home. My A~Z picks are toward the bottom of the page on the sidebar. If anyone knows a good book starting with the letter "X", PLEASE let me know!!! Apparently the author of the challenge didn't take the serious shortage of such titles into consideration when she launched her idea.
There is also another challenge called the TBR Challenge which you can do instead of, or combine with, the A~Z Challenge. Combining the two is the approach I have chosen. It seemed to render narrowing down the options much easier for the A~Z Challenge in my opinion. Basically, the TBR Challenge is this:
Pick 12 books - one for each month of 2008 - that you've been wanting to read (that have been on your "To Be Read" list) for 6 months or longer, but haven't gotten around to. Read one book from this list each month in 2008.
I have included my 12 in the A~Z lists. They are:
- Austenland by Shannon Hale (A Title)
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (I've been planning to read that since I finished the first three in two days last fall) (B Title)
- Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky (C Title)
- David Copperfield by Charles Dickens (D Title)
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (H Title)
- Standing For Something by Gordon B. Hinckley (S Title)
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi (T Title)
- Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin (W Title)
- Language Shock by Gregory Agar (A Author)
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes (C Author)
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck (S Author)
- Mila 18 by Leon Uris (U Author)